How to Make Mikey’s in an Air Fryer
A lot of people have been asking, and the answer is yes! You can make Mikey’s pockets, English muffins, pizza crust, and tortillas in an air fryer. In fact, we highly recommend it! Here’s how to get the best results.
We love cooking pockets in the microwave because it only takes two minutes, but if you can wait a little longer, we absolutely recommend using an air fryer. The crust gets extra crispy, but not too hard, and the filling is perfectly hot and melty.
- 1. Remove one or two frozen pockets from the wrapping and place in the air fryer basket.
- 2. Set air fryer to 350 degrees and cook for 12-14 minutes
- 3. Allow pockets to cool for one minute before you remove them from the air fryer basket.
English MuffinsAir frying English muffins sounds a little weird, but trust us: this is going to be great. They come out of the air fryer with the ideal level of toastiness on botah sides, ready for peanut butter, jam, avocado, or whatever you desire.
1. Split a frozen muffin and place in the air fryer basket with the insides facing up.
2. Set air fryer to 350 degrees and cook for 4-6 minutes.
3. Allow English muffins to cool for one minute before you remove them from the air fryer basket.
Pizza CrustMikey’s pizza crusts are the perfect size to fit in most air fryer baskets, which is a good thing because they are excellent when cooked in an air fryer. The key is to cook the crust for a few minutes before you add sauce, cheese and toppings!
1. Place untopped frozen pizza crust in the air fryer basket.
2. Set air fryer to 350 degrees and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add sauce, cheese, and toppings.
4. Cook for an additional 4-6 minutes, until cheese is melted.
5. Allow to cool for one minute in the fryer basket, and then use a wide spatula to carefully remove the pizza.
TortillasInstead of using a skillet on the stovetop, you can lightly toast tortillas in the air fryer for tacos, burritos and quesadillas. If you want to go all out on taco night, cut Mikey’s tortillas into triangles and use an air fryer to transform them into crispy grain-free tortilla chips!
Instructions for tacos, wraps, burritos and quesadillas:
1. Place tortillas one at a time in the air fryer basket.
2. Set air fryer to 350 degrees and cook for 30-60 seconds until tortilla is soft and pliable.
3. If using for quesadillas: remove tortilla from air fryer, place toppings inside, fold, and cook for 60-90 seconds.
Instructions for tortilla chips:
1. Brush one or two tortillas on both sides with a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt.
2. Cut tortillas into six equal triangles and place in the air fryer basket. (Do not put more than one or two tortillas in the air fryer at a time.)
3. Cook at 350 degrees for 2 minutes. Open the basket and separate tortillas carefully (they will be hot).
4. Continue to cook the tortillas at one minute intervals, shaking the basket after each minute until brown (about 2-3 minutes for one tortilla or 3-4 minutes for two).
5. Allow to cool for one minute in the fryer basket before removing. Repeat as desired for more chips.