Pulled Pork Tacos by “Marissa's Whole Life”
This is a guest post from Mikey’s influencer Marissa Ierna. Find more of her amazing gluten-free recipes at MarissasWholeLife.com and on Instagram @marissaswholelife.
Hello! My name is Marissa, and I am all about health and wellness. I am a stage 4 cancer survivor and marathon runner who thrives off of living a healthy and wholesome life. When I finished treatment, I knew I needed to change my diet to make it even healthier than it already was. I began eating grain-free in 2015, and that is when I started my personal food blog for accountability. Over the years, my food blog has evolved into something much more than an accountability journal, and it is now a place where I share recipes, meal ideas, exercises, motivational words, and so much more.
As a marathoner, I truly believe eating grain free changed my running game into something I never expected. I ran my first marathon in 2016 and qualified for the 2017 Boston Marathon, a dream I had had for years. I owe a lot of my success with training to my diet, and it started with getting my fuel from sweet potatoes and quinoa rather than pasta and bread!
I have been gluten-free for almost 5 years now, and companies like Mikey’s make eating this way so easy. With items like grain-free tortillas, taco Tuesday has become a fan favorite in my house. I can still enjoy a soft-shell taco and make it absolutely delicious all while eating gluten- and grain-free.
This taco dish is one of my favorites because it gives leftovers a second chance on your plate! I toasted up two of my Mikey’s Cassava Flour Tortillas and stuffed them with leftover pulled pork, veggies, avocado and a dairy-free special sauce. These kinds of meals are so easy and so delicious, and they are a no-brainer because all of the ingredients are wholesome, nourish the body, and fit my lifestyle.
Pulled Pork Tacos
- - Two Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Tortillas
- - Spinach
- - Purple cabbage
- - Shredded pork (or any choice of meat)
- - 1 avocado, chopped
- - Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce
- - Everything but the Bagel seasoning
- 1. Over a heated pan, toast your Mikey’s tortillas flipping back and forth until both sides are toasted.
- 2. Top toasted tortillas with spinach and purple cabbage (or your choice of veggies).
- 3. Add the shredded pork over the veggies.
- 4. Top with sliced avocado, special sauce, and a sprinkle of Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
- 5. Enjoy!