apple pie nachos
Yup, this recipe puts all other nachos to shame. What a creation by Charlotte (@nutritiouslytwisted on Instagram)! Perfect for any crisp fall day.
- 4 Mikey’s Tortillas
- Coconut oil-based cooking spray (or melted coconut oil)
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- 1 large apple, cored and chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Juice of half a small lemon
- ½ tsp cinnamon
For the salted date caramel:
- ½ cup (packed) pitted medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes)
- 1/3 – ½ cup light canned coconut milk (more or less depending on how thick you want the caramel sauce)
- 1 Tbsp tahini or nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut tortillas into wedges (6 wedges per tortilla). Spread in a single layer onto a large, foil-lined lightly greased baking sheet. Spray tops with coconut oil spray, or brush tops lightly with melted coconut oil. Sprinkle tops with apple pie spice, and bake until golden and crisp, about 12 – 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare apples and date caramel sauce. Melt coconut oil over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet. Add chopped apple, lemon juice, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook until softened, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Place dates (no soaking liquid), coconut milk, tahini or nut butter, vanilla extract, and salt into a high powered blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Top spiced chips with apples, and drizzle with caramel (save rest of caramel for another recipe). Enjoy immediately (best when devoured warm)!