avocado beet english muffin with jammy egg recipe
It’ll be hard to BEET this killer breakfast recipe. This avocado beet english muffin with jammy egg recipe is packed with all the flavor you need to start your morning right. Thanks, Arielle, (@socalfitfoodie on Instagram) for this delicious recipe using Mikey’s English Muffins! Show us your very own creations by tagging @mikeys and don’t forget to add #madewithmikeys !
- 1 Mikey’s original English muffin
- 1 Chioggia beet, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Fresh microgreens
- Chili flakes
- “Everything but the bagel” seasoning
- Wash and thinly slice the Chioggia beet. A mandoline slicer works best!
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a gentle boil over medium-high heat.
- Carefully lower the egg into the boiling water and cook for 6 and a half minutes.
- While the egg cooks, toast one Mikey’s original English muffin.
- Remove the egg and immediately transfer into a ice bath for about 2 minutes.
- Carefully peel the egg and slice in half, lengthwise.
- Top each toasted English muffin half with avocado, beet slices, one half of the jammy egg, microgreens, chili flakes and “everything but the bagel” seasoning!