Skip to content
vegan avocado black bean quesadillas
March 12, 2020
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bell pepper, sliced in strips
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 avocados
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Tortillas
- Hot sauce for serving (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, add pepper and red onion. Sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add the black beans and chili powder, paprika, cumin and onion powder. Cook 1-2 minutes longer. Transfer everything to a heat-proof bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, smash avocado with a fork. Mix in lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Rinse pan and return to medium heat. Add remaining olive oil.
- Spread ¼ of the mashed avocado on half of a tortilla. Top with ¼ of the bean and veggie mixture. Fold the tortilla over to close the quesadilla. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until outside is crispy.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!