BBQ chicken sandwiches
Use a gluten-free rotisserie chicken for a shortcut to delicious pulled chicken sandwiches. Perfect for an easy weeknight or weekend treat!
- 1 fully cooked gluten-free rotisserie chicken
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small banana peppers, sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup gluten-free barbecue sauce
- 1 box Mikey’s Gluten-Free Original English Muffins
- 4 slices provolone cheese or dairy-free cheese
- ½ cup sliced sweet pickles
- Pull the meat off the rotisserie chicken and shred it into small pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, peppers, garlic and salt. Saute 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the shredded chicken and cook until chicken is hot.
- Add the barbecue sauce and bring to a boil. Turn off heat.
- Toast English muffins according to the directions on the package.
- Build sandwiches with cheese, barbecue chicken and pickles. Serve.
Sat Fat11 G