Skip to content
BBQ chicken sandwiches
May 22, 2020
- 1 fully cooked gluten-free rotisserie chicken
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small banana peppers, sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup gluten-free barbecue sauce
1 box Mikey’s Gluten-Free Original English Muffins
- 4 slices provolone cheese or dairy-free cheese
- ½ cup sliced sweet pickles
- Pull the meat off the rotisserie chicken and shred it into small pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, peppers, garlic and salt. Saute 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the shredded chicken and cook until chicken is hot.
- Add the barbecue sauce and bring to a boil. Turn off heat.
- Toast English muffins according to the directions on the package.
- Build sandwiches with cheese, barbecue chicken and pickles. Serve.