bacon and egg breakfast muffin
Your favorite quick breakfast is back on the table! Substitute the bacon for turkey bacon or avocado to cut the calories and fat.
- 2 Mikey’s Original English Muffin
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1cup baby spinach
- 6 slices Roma tomato
- 2 slices dairy-free cheddar cheese
- Toast English muffin. Toast English muffin in toaster oven according to package directions.
- Cook bacon. Heat cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. When hot, add bacon and cook to desired crispness. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain fat. Drain most of the bacon grease from pan, leaving approximately 1 teaspoon of grease behind.
- Make eggs. Crack eggs into pan and cook until the whites are set (about 2-2 ½ minutes).
- Build sandwich. Layer one half of the English muffin with spinach, tomato, cheese, bacon and egg. Place top on muffin sandwich. Serve.
Sat Fat23.5 G