bacon and egg breakfast tostada
Bacon, eggs and Mikey’s—sounds like a great morning! A splash of your favorite hot sauce is the perfect topper to get you going.
- 2 Mikey’s Grain-Free Tortillas
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast tortillas. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. When hot, toast tortillas 1 minute per side or until golden.
- Cook bacon. When tortillas are finished toasting, add bacon to the same pan and cook until desired crispness. Remove bacon from pan and drain most of the bacon grease, leaving approximately 1 teaspoon of grease behind.
- Cook eggs. Crack eggs into pan and cook until the whites are set (about 2-2 ½ minutes).
- Make avocado mash. In a small bowl, mash avocado with lime juice and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Assemble tostadas. Spread each tortilla with half of the avocado mixture and top with 1 egg and 2 strips of bacon. Sprinkle with onion and cilantro. Serve.
Sat Fat8.4 G