brunch style cuban frita
Ingredients 2 Mikey’s Original English Muffins 7 oz ground beef 5 oz chorizo 4 slices of red onion 2 slices of jalapeño pepper jack cheese 1/4 cup of baby spinach 2 cloves of garlic 1 tbsp roasted corn tomato sauce 3/4 tsp paprika 1/2 tsp cumin shoestring fries Directions In a large bowl, combine the meats, minced garl
- 2 Mikey’s Original English Muffins
- 7 oz ground beef
- 5 oz chorizo
- 4 slices of red onion
- 2 slices of jalapeño pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup of baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp roasted corn
- tomato sauce
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- shoestring fries
- In a large bowl, combine the meats, minced garlic, cumin and paprika. Mix very well until you reach a smooth, paste-like consistency.
- Form small chunks of the meat by hand into 4 round, thin patties.
- Heat a flat griddle or pan on medium-high heat with just a touch of oil. Place the patties on the heat and flatten a little bit more with a spatula. Cook for about 2 minutes, then flip and squirt generously with tomato special sauce.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, add the cheese on two of the patties, then let cook just a minute longer. Set patties aside.
- Toast english muffins on the pan, allowing to absorb some of the remaining special tomato sauce. Then, place under a broiler (tops up!) for about 1 minute until golden brown with slightly crispy edges.
- To build the burger, start by layering spinach and a cheese-less patty, followed by the patty with cheese, red onion, shoestring fries and roasted corn.
- Liberally squirt the inside of the top bun and burger with more of the tomato special sauce, then enjoy!