Turn your favorite appetizer into a gluten-free meal with caprese-topped English muffins. Homemade pesto makes a big difference over store-bought for this one!
- 1 Mikey’s Toasted Onion Grain-Free English Muffin
- ¼ cup fresh basil (about one bunch)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon pine nuts
- ½ teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 plum tomato sliced
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 ounce balsamic vinegar or glaze
- Toast English muffin in toaster oven according to package directions.
- In a food processor, combine basil, oil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, salt and pepper and grind until smooth.
- Layer toasted English muffin with tomato and mozzarella. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and top with fresh pesto. Serve.
Sat Fat15.8 G