chipotle chicken quesadillas
Whether you’re looking for a tray or appetizers or a way to freshen up taco night, these gluten-free chipotle chicken quesadillas won’t disappoint. They’ve got just the right amount of heat for a little kick, but won’t overpower.
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- Juice from 1 fresh lime
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 package Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or dairy-free cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, mix chipotle pepper, mustard, lime juice and salt. Toss chicken in sauce and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake chicken until fully cooked, about 25-30 minutes.
- Allow chicken to rest 5 minutes. Shred or cut into small chunks.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, onion and bell pepper. Cook until softened.
- Add garlic, tomato and a pinch of salt. Cook 1 minute more.
- Heat another nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the pan and heat until soft and flexible, about 10 seconds. Flip tortilla and add cheese, chicken, veggies and cilantro to one half of the tortilla. Fold tortilla in half over fillings. Cook until golden brown on the bottom. Then flip and cook other side.
- Repeat step 9 with remaining tortillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 3 triangles and serve.
Sat Fat6 G