beet hummus with gluten-free tortilla chips
We love making beet hummus because it’s just as beautiful as it is delicious! Use Mikey’s Cassava Tortillas to make some homemade grain-free chips to serve with it.
- 1 package Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Tortillas
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons Za’atar seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup canned sliced beets
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 splash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut each tortilla into six triangles each.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the Za’atar seasoning. Use a basting brush to brush both sides of the tortilla pieces with the oil mixture.
- Arrange chips in a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- While chips bake, in a food processor, combine beets, mustard, Tabasco, cumin and lemon juice.
- Add in garbanzo beans, sesame oil, tahini, garlic and salt and blend.
- When ingredients are well combined, slowly drizzle in ¼ cup olive oil while blending. Blend until smooth.
- Allow chips to cool and serve with hummus.
Sat Fat5 G