paleo chorizo and pepper crunch wrap
Craving a crunch wrap but don’t do gluten or grains? We came up with this easy recipe using Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Burrito Wraps!
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- ½ cup iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 Mikey’s Cassava Burrito Wraps
- Remove chorizo sausage from the casing.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron), over medium heat.
- Add chorizo and cook.
- When chorizo is halfway cooked, add pepper and onion. Cook until meat is completely browned.
- Heat wraps in the microwave until flexible (about 20 seconds).
- Place lettuce, tomato and avocado in the center of each burrito. Add meat.
- Fold in all four sides of the wrap and then roll to make a burrito.
- Drain grease from pan, retaining about a tablespoon, and turn heat back on.
- Place burritos in skillet, seam side down. Brown until crispy, then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Wrap in parchment paper or foil if desired. Serve.
Sat Fat17 G