chorizo & sweet potato breakfast tacos
Pile gluten-free tortillas high with sweet potatoes, scrambled eggs and chorizo sausage for a hearty paleo breakfast that will surely make your morning.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado or grapeseed oil cooking spray
- 6 Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Tortillas
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces Spanish (cured) chorizo, cut into chunks
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Dice sweet potatoes and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle sweet potatoes with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake until soft and slightly browned, about 25-30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes cook, heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray both sides of tortillas lightly with cooking oil spray and place in skillet, one at a time. Grill on both sides until soft and pliable, about 20 seconds for each side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In same pan, still over medium-low heat, add remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil, eggs, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Stir constantly until scrambled.
- Remove eggs to a bowl and add chorizo chunks to pan. Saute for 3-4 minutes to heat.
- Assemble tacos with a layer of lettuce, followed by sweet potatoes, eggs, chorizo and dairy-free cheddar.
- Serve immediately with a side of salsa if desired.
Sat Fat11 G