gluten-free breakfast quesadilla
This breakfast quesadilla is packed with flavor and veggies! It’s so easy to make and perfect for any morning. Quick tip: use our sweets & beets tortilla for an added flavor kick!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 package Mikey’s Sweets & Beets Tortillas
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese or dairy-free cheese
- 1 cup of cooked bacon pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, onion and peppers and saute until vegetables are soft.
- Add the eggs and use a rubber spatula to stir until fully cooked.
- Set egg mixture aside on a plate and wipe the pan clean. Add remaining oil and spinach and cook until wilted (30-60 seconds)
- Set spinach aside and wipe the pan clean. Add a few drops of olive oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Place a Mikey’s tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle with cheese, then top with ¼ of the spinach, eggs and bacon pieces; place another tortilla on top. Brown the first side, then flip and brown the second side.
- Remove from the pan and cut into four triangles; repeat three more times until all of the ingredients are used.
Sat Fat9 G