beef burrito bowl with lime vinaigrette
Change up Taco Tuesday with a heaping gluten-free burrito bowl. We deep fry the wrap to make a crispy bowl for all the fixings.
- 2 Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Burrito Wraps
- 3 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free taco seasoning
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup dairy-free Daiya shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
To make the bowls:
- In a small, deep pot, heat canola oil over medium heat. (The opening of the pot should be smaller than the circumference of the burrito wrap).
- When oil is hot, and using a large metal ladle, carefully push wrap into the oil. Use the ladle to hold the wrap under the oil until it is golden brown and crisp.
- Using tongs, remove the wrap from the oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the second wrap.
- Remove oil from heat and discard when cool.
To make the beef:
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef and taco seasoning and cook until browned.
To make the dressing:
- In a blender or food processor, combine lime juice, honey, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cilantro, salt and pepper. Blend to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while blending.
To assemble the bowls:
- Toss lettuce in lime dressing and add to the burrito bowls.
- Top with beef, cheese, tomato and avocado. Serve.
Sat Fat12 G