Skip to content
gluten-free chicken fajitas
August 17, 2020
- 2 (8 ounce) chicken breasts
- ½ red onion, sliced in thick chunks
- 1 bell pepper, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 1 packet gluten-free fajita seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 packet of Mikey’s Cassava Flour Tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream or dairy-free sour cream
- Pound chicken breasts until even in thickness.
- In a bowl, toss chicken, onion, pepper, fajita seasoning and oil.
- Heat grill to medium. When the grill is hot, add chicken, onion and peppers.
- Grill onion and pepper until soft and slightly charred on both sides. Cook chicken about 8-10 minutes on each side, depending on the size and thickness.
- Remove onion, pepper and chicken from the grill and cover to keep warm.
- Place tortillas on the grill and cook for about 20-30 seconds on the first side. Flip and cook 10 seconds longer.
- Slice onion, pepper and chicken into thin strips before serving.
- Serve chicken, veggies, avocado, lettuce, salsa and sour cream separately for building fajitas on grilled tortillas. Enjoy!