gluten-free chicken tortilla soup
Healthy, warm and gluten-free! Use Mikey’s tortillas to make the best part of the soup.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except tortillas and olive oil in slow cooker and set to cook on low for 8 hours.
- When soup is finished cooking, use two forks to shred the chicken without removing it from the slow cooker.
- To make the tortilla strips, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. While oil heats, cut tortillas into strips ½ inch wide. Add to skillet and sauté until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve soup topped with tortilla strips.
Sat Fat1 G