gluten-free chicken tortilla soup
Healthy, warm and gluten free! Use Mikey’s tortillas to make the best part of the soup.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pulled chicken (rom a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dark chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup canned red beans
- 2 Mikey’s Grain-Free Tortillas
- Make the soup. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken, shallot, celery, pepper and corn. Sauté 3-4 minutes. Add cilantro, spices and salt and pepper to taste. Add broth and beans and stir. Bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer. Simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Make the chips. Heat oven to 350 F. Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, but tortillas into ½ inch-wide strips. Arrange in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer soup to bowl and top with tortilla strips. Serve.
Sat Fat1.6 G