Egg and Cheddar Quesadilla
For an even easier variation on breakfast tacos, try the breakfast quesadilla! You can use any kind of tortilla, but Sweets and Beets is our favorite for this recipe, courtesy of @eboydsfood.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Mikey’s Sweets and Beets tortilla
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces sour cream
- 2 ounces salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and crack two eggs into the pan.
- Scramble eggs slightly, then sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook on one side, as if you were making an omelette.
- Flip the eggs and top with a tortilla.
- When egg is cooked through, flip again so the tortilla is on the bottom.
- Sprinkle cheese over the egg.
- Fold quesadilla in half and cook 30-60 seconds more until cheese melts.
- Remove to a plate and cut into four triangles. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Sat Fat21 G