greek-style grilled chicken & hummus wrap
Craving a fresh new gluten-free lunch staple? Try this grain-free wrap filled with grilled chicken, hummus and veggies. Quick tip: Use leftover or pre-cooked chicken to make it easier.
- 4 (8-ounce) boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- ½ cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 8 Kalamata olives, chopped
- 4 tablespoons dairy-free Greek yogurt
- 4 Mikey’s Cassava Burrito Wraps
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- Heat grill to medium.
- Toss chicken in a bowl with olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes and salt.
- In a separate bowl, toss tomatoes, cucumber, olives, yogurt and another pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Grill chicken breasts until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (about 6-8 minutes depending on thickness). Allow chicken to rest while you grill the wraps.
- Place the wraps on the grill and cook until soft and pliable, about 30 seconds. Flip and cook 20 seconds longer on the other side.
- Slice chicken into thin strips.
- Spread hummus onto wraps, then fill with chicken, lettuce and veggie mix.
- Fold, roll and cut in half. Enjoy!
Sat Fat3 G