Skip to content
paleo grilled steak quesadillas
June 23, 2020
- 2-pound flank steak
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Paleo Italian dressing (divided)
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
4 Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Burrito Wraps
- 1 cup Daiya shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare the steak by removing membrane and trimming off any large pieces of fat.
- Place steak in a gallon-sized zip-top bag and add 1 cup of the Italian dressing. Shake to cover steak and place in the refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 90 minutes (and up to 6 hours).
- When you are ready to begin cooking, peel the red onion and slice it into ¼ inch-thick round slices.
- Slice avocados, dice tomatoes and chop cilantro. Combine in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium heat. Brush both the steak and the onion slices with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place steak and onion slices on grill. Cook onions 2-3 minutes on each side. Grill steak 3-5 minutes on each side depending on desired doneness.
- Remove both steak and onions from grill and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow steak to rest 5 minutes.
- While steak rests, dice onions and add to the bowl with avocado and tomatoes. Add greens and remaining 2 tablespoons of dressing. Toss to coat.
- Slice steak against the grain into very thin slices.
- Place a burrito wrap on the grill and heat until soft and pliable, about 30-60 seconds.
- Flip wrap over so the grilled side is facing up. Layer dairy-free cheese, then steak, then veggies on one half of the wrap. Fold the empty side of the wrap over the fillings and use a spatula to gently flatten the quesadilla. Grill 1-2 minutes more until dairy-free cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut quesadillas into triangles and serve.