paleo pulled chicken tacos
Make easy pulled gluten-free chicken tacos with this set-it-and-forget-it recipe that’s perfect for a weekend treat!
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 fresh lemons, cut in half
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Tortillas
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Heat oven to 275 F.
- Rub chicken all over with oil, salt, chili powder, garlic powder and cajun seasoning.
- Place chicken in a large roasting pan. Tuck lemon halves, onion, peppers and tomatoes around the chicken in the bottom of the pan. Pour in broth.
- Roast for 3-4 hours until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the part of the thigh reads 165 F.
- Allow chicken to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas in the microwave or skillet according to the directions on the package.
- Pull meat from bones and shred.
- Fill tacos with chicken, onions, peppers and tomato. Top with fresh basil and serve.
Sat Fat7 G