Skip to content
spinach, mushroom and avocado quesadilla
May 15, 2020
1 package Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Tortillas
- 2 avocados, diced
- 12 ounces baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or dairy-free cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
- Add salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat. Add chopped spinach and toss until just wilted.
- Heat a second nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place 1 tortilla in the pan and allow to warm until it becomes flexible, but not brown (about 30 seconds).
- Flip tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and add a portion of the mushroom mix and chopped avocado.
- Fold tortilla in half. Cook until brown on the bottom and then flip.
- When both sides are browned, remove to a plate and repeat steps 6-8 with remaining tortillas.
- Cut quesadillas into 3 triangles each and serve.