keto burger with mushrooms and onion
Fire up the grill! Juicy beef burgers topped with grilled onions and portobello mushrooms on a Mikey’s gluten-free English muffin are on the menu tonight.
- 1 pound fresh ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free steak seasoning
- 1 box Mikey’s Original Gluten-Free English Muffins
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 onion slices
- 2 portobello mushrooms, gills removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix beef together with garlic powder and steak seasoning. Form into 4 patties.
- Brush any dirt off the mushrooms and remove stems and gills. Then cut in half.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Brush the onion slices and mushroom slices lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle chili powder over the onions.
- Place the onions, mushrooms and burgers on the grill. Add a very light sprinkle of salt to each.
- Grill about 2-3 minutes until grill marks appear on burgers.
- Flip onions, mushrooms and burgers and salt again, very lightly.
- Grill burgers an additional 2-3 minutes and then reduce heat to medium and grill 3-6 minutes more depending on desired doneness. Remove onions and mushrooms from direct heat when they’ve reached your desired level of doneness.
- Just before burgers are done cooking, brush Mikey’s English muffins lightly with oil on both sides. Grill on both sides until toasted.
- Assemble burgers with the onions, mushrooms and your favorite condiments.
Sat Fat3 G