keto sloppy joes
Here’s an easy gluten-free and low-carb weeknight dinner. It’ll make kids happy, and the grown-ups can’t complain about the simple ingredients!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons light chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- ⅛ cup crushed tomato
- ½ cup sugar-free barbecue sauce
- 1 box of Mikey’s Original English Muffins
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- Dill or sour (low-carb) pickle slices
- 4 pieces leaf lettuce, washed
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add meat and brown until almost fully cooked.
- Drain grease. Add onion, pepper, all seasonings and salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are soft (add a touch of water if necessary to prevent burning).
- Mix in mustard, crushed tomato and bbq sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Toast the English muffins according to the directions on the package.
- Spoon meat onto the muffins and top with pickles, lettuce and tomato. Serve.
Sat Fat6 G