Skip to content
gluten-free mozzarella balls
March 11, 2019
- 1 box Mikey’s Original Grain-Free English Muffins
- 1 cup canola or other neutral oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small ball fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 leaves fresh basil, julienned
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce, for serving
- Toast English muffins in toaster oven according to the package directions. Then, using a food processor, grind English muffins into crumbs.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. In a small bowl, crack and whisk eggs. Coat mozzarella chunks in cornstarch, egg mixture and bread crumbs.
- Place mozzarella in pan and fry until crispy, rotating periodically so that all sides brown evenly. Garnish with basil, oregano, and parmesan. Serve with marinara sauce.