paleo chicken and chorizo pizza
Ingredients 3/4 cup roasted butternut squash 1/2 red onion, chopped 1/2 cup canned coconut milk 1/4 cup nutritional yeast 1 TBSP Trader Joe’s Seasoned Buffalo Ghee (or regular Ghee or butter…whatever you have on hand. If you do not use the Seasoned buffalo Ghee, add an extra Teaspoon of Turmeric) 1 TBSP minced garlic 1
- 3/4 cup roasted butternut squash
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP Trader Joe’s Seasoned Buffalo Ghee (or regular Ghee or butter…whatever you have on hand. If you do not use the Seasoned buffalo Ghee, add an extra Teaspoon of Turmeric)
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP turmeric
- 1 TBSP Chosen Foods Avocado oil
- Red pepper flakes
- 5oz Trader Joe’s “Just Chicken” all white meat chicken chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 Cup cooked Chorizo from my local farmers market
- Sautéed peppers and onions
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Dayia dairy-free shredded cheese
- Optional: Pea shoots for garnish
Prepare the butternut “cheese” sauce while you bake your Mikey’s Paleo Pizza crust according to the package. For the sauce:
- Sauté the onions, garlic and turmeric in 1/2 of the Ghee over medium/low heat until the onions are translucent.
- Pour that mixture into a blender or food processor with the roasted butternut squash, nutritional yeast, coconut milk, and remaining Ghee.
- Pulse together, then slowly drizzle in the avocado oil until you get your desired consistency.
- Finish off with the red pepper flakes and S/P.