paleo chicken and chorizo pizza
It’s nearly impossible to beat a pizza craving. So why try? With Mikey’s pizza crust, you can enjoy your favorite pizza topping combinations without the guilt. Here’s a recipe sent from Blaire (@missfingerfoodie on Instagram) using light and natural ingredients to create a Mikey’s Pizza bursting with flavor in every bite. Check it out! Tip from Mikey: Add a dash of dried basil to your pizza crust before baking to add in a little kick of flavor. Show us your very own pizza creations by tagging @mikeys and don’t forget to add #madewithmikeys !
- 3/4 cup roasted butternut squash
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP Trader Joe’s Seasoned Buffalo Ghee (or regular Ghee or butter…whatever you have on hand. If you do not use the Seasoned buffalo Ghee, add an extra Teaspoon of Turmeric)
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP turmeric
- 1 TBSP Chosen Foods Avocado oil
- Red pepper flakes
- 5oz Trader Joe’s “Just Chicken” all white meat chicken chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 Cup cooked Chorizo from my local farmers market
- Sautéed peppers and onions
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Dayia dairy-free shredded cheese
- Optional: Pea shoots for garnish
Prepare the butternut “cheese” sauce while you bake your Mikey’s Paleo Pizza crust according to the package. For the sauce:
- Sauté the onions, garlic and turmeric in 1/2 of the Ghee over medium/low heat until the onions are translucent.
- Pour that mixture into a blender or food processor with the roasted butternut squash, nutritional yeast, coconut milk, and remaining Ghee.
- Pulse together, then slowly drizzle in the avocado oil until you get your desired consistency.
- Finish off with the red pepper flakes and S/P.