paleo french toast recipe
Did cavemen eat French toast? We don’t have the slightest idea. But they certainly could have with Mikey’s Sliced Bread. Our delicious Paleo French toast is as easy as adding a few simple ingredients to the best paleo bread you’ll ever taste. A tip from Mikey: Add a scoop of coconut milk ice cream to our French toast and you have a perfect dessert. Post your breakfast or dessert creation by tagging @mikeys and don’t forget to add #madewithmikeys !
- 2 slices Mikey’s Sliced Bread
- 2 organic, free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp grass-fed ghee, coconut oil, or your favorite cooking oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
- Toppings: berries, coconut milk yogurt, cinnamon, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, or your favorite topping
- De-thaw 2 slices of Mikey’s Sliced Bread at room temperature.
- In a small mixing bowl, crack and beat eggs with cinnamon and coconut milk. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat cooking oil on medium-high heat.
- Dip 1 slice of bread into the egg mixture and let soak. Flip over to make sure each side is evenly coated.
- Place dipped slice of bread onto pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until the underside becomes crispy.
- Flip bread to cook the opposite side. Remove from heat and place on plate.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for the other slice.
- Top with your favorite toppings.