paleo toasted onion & lox
Let’s be honest: You can’t eat lox & cream cheese without a proper base. Unless you think it’s a good idea to smear Paleo cream cheese onto a plate. Yeah, we didn’t think so either. That’s one of the reasons Mikey started making Mikey’s English Muffins. They are perfect with lox & cream cheese. For a tangy twist, make ‘em with Mikey’s Toasted Onion English Muffins, the all-time favorite of Scandinavian cavemen. A tip from Mikey: chop up some scallions and mix it into the cream cheese for an even richer taste! Don’t forget to tag us on social media using @mikeys and #madewithmikeys to show us how you recreated one of Mikey’s favorites!
- 1 Mikey’s Toasted Onion English muffin
- 2 tbsp your favorite nut-based cream cheese
- 1-2 oz smoked salmon
- 1-2 tbsp sliced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast English muffin according to box directions.
- Once toasted, smear 1 tbsp per half of a muffin.
- Top with smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle with chives, salt, and pepper to taste.