paleo veggie tacos
Looking for a light but savory dinner idea? It’s hard to go wrong when you mix your favorite vegetables and wrap them up in Mikey’s Tortillas. Thanks, Winnie Liong (@winniesbalance_ on Instagram) for this colorful creation! A tip from Mikey: Sear the tortilla in a cast iron skillet with a little ghee or coconut oil to get it nice and crispy! Post your creation by tagging @mikeys and don’t forget to add #madewithmikeys !
- 2 mikeys paleo tortillas
- 1/2 cup diced sweet potato
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup raw onions
- 1/4 cup bell peppers
- garnish of cilantro and red pepper flakes
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- to taste: salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil and cinnamon. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a medium pan on your stove with 2 tsp olive oil. Saute together baby spinach, onions and bell peppers. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- To heat up tortillas, place on a microwavable plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Place sweet potatoes and sauteed vegetables in tortillas. Top with cilantro and red pepper flakes.