Skip to content
pork carnitas tacos with slaw and avocado
February 04, 2019
- 1 small pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 quart chicken bone broth
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 Mikey’s Grain-Free Tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
Roast the pork. Heat oven to 325 F. Rub pork shoulder with tomato paste, cajun seasoning and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Place pork in a large roasting pan along with bone broth and 1 cup water. Roast until soft and tender (4-5 hours).
Make slaw. When pork is almost ready, toss cabbage, red onion, radish, vinegar, oil, lime juice and remaining salt in a small bowl.
Toast tortillas. In a nonstick pan over medium heat, toast tortillas 1 minute per side until warm and golden.
Assemble tacos. Top each tortilla with pork, slaw and avocado. Serve.