pork roll, egg and cheddar muffins
You can never go wrong with a classic breakfast sandwich. Instead of bacon or sausage, we decided to switch things up and go with pork roll, the classic New Jersey breakfast meat!
- 1 box Mikey’s Gluten-Free Original English Muffins
- 4 thick slices pork roll
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese or plant-based cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces sriracha sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast English muffins according to the package directions.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork roll slices to pan and cook until browned on the bottom.
- Flip pork roll and cover each with a slice of cheese. Top with a few leaves of spinach. Cook until brown on bottom and cheese is melted.
- Remove pork roll from pan and place on English muffins.
- Wipe pan clean, return to heat and add oil.
- Crack eggs directly in pan and cover with a lid. Cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about 2-2 ½ minutes.
- Place eggs on muffins, drizzle with sriracha and close sandwiches. Serve.
Sat Fat22 G