- ½ a butternut squash, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 large splash Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box Mikey’s Gluten-Free Original English Muffins
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoons onion and chive cream cheese or plant-based cream cheese
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup jarred pickled beets, sliced thin
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, toss squash with orange juice, oil, mustard, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Place squash on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 30-35 minutes until soft and tender.
- Toast English muffins according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork and spread onto ½ of each muffin.
- Spread cream cheese onto the remaining half of each muffin.
- Layer squash, sprouts, and beets on top of avocado. Close sandwiches with tops. Serve.