Skip to content
southwest breakfast tacos
March 28, 2020
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons light chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado or grapeseed oil cooking spray
- 6 Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Tortillas
- 1 dozen eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Violife Plant-Based Feta
- Heat oven to 400 F. On a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper, if you have it), lay bacon flat. Bake until crispy, about 12-15 minutes. When finished baking, drain on paper towels for several minutes before chopping.
- While bacon cooks, combine beans, tomatoes, avocado, 2 teaspoons olive oil, cilantro, chili powder, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray both sides of tortillas lightly with cooking oil spray and place in skillet, one at a time. Grill on both sides until soft and pliable, about 20 seconds for each side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In same skillet, still at medium-low heat, add remaining olive oil, followed by eggs and a pinch of salt. Stir constantly until scrambled.
- Divide scrambled eggs, black bean mix, bacon and cheese equally between tacos.
- Serve with a side of your favorite salsa, if desired.