spicy bbq chicken quesadilla
Meat from a rotisserie chicken cuts your prep time and is absolutely delicious in a Mikey’s shell. Use your favorite variety of pepper to adjust the heat level to your liking.
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dark chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Mikey’s Grain-Free Tortillas
- 1 cup pulled chicken (from a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar or dairy-free cheese
- Make pico de gallo. In a small bowl, combine tomato, shallot, garlic, pepper, cilantro, oil, chili powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Make quesadilla. In another bowl, toss pulled chicken with barbecue sauce. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add tortilla and layer with cheese, chicken, and pico de gallo. Top with second tortilla. When the cheese begins to melt, use a spatula to lift the edge of the quesadilla to check if the bottom is browned. When bottom is golden brown, carefully flip quesadilla and brown the other side. Transfer quesadilla to plate or cutting board. Allow to rest 2 minutes before cutting into four wedges. Serve.
Sat Fat8.3 G