spinach artichoke dip with gluten-free tortilla chips
When you’re spending time with friends or having a family game night at home, spinach artichoke dip is a party favorite—especially with homemade grain-free chips!
- 1 package Mikey’s Gluten-Free Cassava Tortillas
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or avocado cooking oil spray)
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- Splash of white wine
- 8 ounces baby spinach, chopped
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
To make chips:
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut tortillas into eight triangles each.
- On a nonstick baking tray, spread tortillas in a single layer and spray lightly or brush with cooking oil.
- Bake until golden brown (about 18-20 minutes).
- Sprinkle chips with sea salt immediately after baking.
To make dip:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Add artichoke hearts, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Cook until slightly brown.
- Add onion, garlic and salt. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Add lemon juice and wine. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Turn off heat. Add chopped spinach and stir until spinach wilts.
- Transfer to a bowl and add yogurt, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Mix to combine. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
Sat Fat7 G