steak nachos with guacamole
Steak and Mikey’s? Count us in! We made these nachos using a New York strip steak for a paleo feast.
- 5 Mikey’s Grain-Free Tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 fresh lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 New York strip steak
- 1 teaspoon cajun blackening spice
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or dairy-free cheddar cheese
- Make chips. Heat oven to 350 F. Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut tortillas into 6 triangles each. Arrange flat on a nonstick baking sheet and bake until browned (about 15-18 minutes).
- Make guacamole. While tortillas bake, make guacamole by mashing together avocado, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook steak. Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Season steak on both sides with cajun spice and a sprinkle of salt. Sear steak until dark brown on bottom (about 5-6 minutes). Flip over, adding onion and peppers at the same time. Sauté onion and peppers as steak cooks (5-6 more minutes). An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the steak should read 135-140 F.
- Assemble nachos. Remove steak to cutting board and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing thinly. Arrange tortilla chips in basket or bowl and top with steak, onions, peppers, cheddar cheese and guacamole. Serve.
Sat Fat6.6 G