gluten-free street tacos
Get the flavor of a SoCal food truck without destroying your diet! These summery chicken tacos are topped with an irresistible crunchy carrot and cabbage slaw. The trick to a deliciously juicy chicken breast? Letting it rest before slicing to lock in the juices.
- 2 Mikey’s Grain-Free Tortillas
- 1 large boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dark chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ teaspoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toast tortillas. In a nonstick pan over medium heat, toast tortillas 1 minute per side until warm and golden.
- Cook chicken. Increase heat to medium high. Rub chicken breast with oil, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add to pan and sear on both sides, cooking until an instant-read meat thermometer reads 165 F when inserted into the thickest part (about 10 minutes per side).
- Slice chicken. Remove chicken to cutting board and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing thinly. (Allowing the chicken to rest prevents dryness.)
- Make slaw. In a small bowl, toss cabbage, carrot and cilantro with lime juice, hot sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Assemble tacos. Fill each taco with ½ of the chicken, slaw and cheese. Serve.
Sat Fat6.5 G