Skip to content
gluten-free street tacos
February 08, 2019
- 2 Mikey’s Grain-Free Tortillas
- 1 large boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dark chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ teaspoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Toast tortillas. In a nonstick pan over medium heat, toast tortillas 1 minute per side until warm and golden.
Cook chicken. Increase heat to medium high. Rub chicken breast with oil, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add to pan and sear on both sides, cooking until an instant-read meat thermometer reads 165 F when inserted into the thickest part (about 10 minutes per side).
Slice chicken. Remove chicken to cutting board and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing thinly. (Allowing the chicken to rest prevents dryness.)
Make slaw. In a small bowl, toss cabbage, carrot and cilantro with lime juice, hot sauce and a pinch of salt.
Assemble tacos. Fill each taco with ½ of the chicken, slaw and cheese. Serve.