vegetarian tortilla stack
Been meaning to give tofu a try? Here is a great recipe to get you started (and stay gluten free!).
- ½ cup mango, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red onion, minced
- ½ cup tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Mikey’s Grain-Free Tortilla
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon carbonated water 1 small block extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1 cup spinach or arugula
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Make mango salsa. In a small bowl, combine mango, red onion, tomato, scallion and a pinch of salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Bake tortilla. Heat oven to 350 F. Bake tortilla until browned (about 15 minutes).
- Cook tofu. In a small pan over medium heat, heat canola oil. While oil heats, whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Toss tofu to coat completely. Brown tofu until golden, sautéing frequently.
- Assemble stack. Layer baked tortilla with spinach or arugula and tofu. Top with the mango salsa and garnish with cilantro. Serve with sriracha.
Sat Fat4.1 G