veggie and ricotta pizza
This is a light and easy take on pizza with a thick spread of ricotta and a rainbow of veggies. Sautéing the veggies before baking the pizza ensures doneness and adds flavor.
- 1 Mikey’s Grain-Free Pizza Crust
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red or orange bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup broccoli florets, chopped
- ½ cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 ounces ricotta cheese or dairy-free ricotta cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- Toast crust. In a toaster oven, toast pizza crust on the broil setting until brown (about 4 minutes).
- Sauté veggies. While crust toasts, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add olive oil, vegetables and a pinch of salt. Sauté lightly until veggies are slightly tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Assemble pizza. Remove pizza crust from toaster oven and flip over so toasted side is now on the bottom. Spread crust with ricotta and top with veggies, cracked pepper and oregano.
- Melt cheese. Return pizza to toaster oven and toast on broil until crust is brown and cheese bubbles, about 4 minutes. Cut into 6 slices and serve.
Sat Fat6.1 G